2/13/2017

You should definitely heart someone

Tomorrow it's Valentine's Day, and I think we should absolutely spread some love around.
The world needs it.

Last year I showed you how to make Japanese folding letters for Valentine, menko and tato, and made you a hidden heart origami letter. This year I thought these might be fun....


They take five minutes to fold, and are made from a regular A4 sheet, so you don't even need to worry about square origami paper! I made you a PDF with a lot of red/pink patterns, and scaled the A4 dimensions a bit, to work around those unprinted edges all printed sheets must have. Just grab your scissors and cut away that edge.

Here's a tutorial: A4 origami hearts       And here's a PDF of 12 pretty designs to use, if you like

2021: I have a new location for my downloads, please go here for the tutorial: page 1  /  page 2
I have made a Flickr folder with the 12 design sheets, feel free to download: it's right HERE

Write a nice message to someone you think needs a bit of love, and fold it like this. Or use them for parties, wedding invitations or Christmas ornaments. I made a whole bundle, as you can see, and they ended up as a garland. They are actually very well suited for garlands, the construction has a natural  slit to pull the string through, you'll see for yourself when you try.

Wanna see my garland? 


3 comments :

  1. Would you check the link for the pdf of the tutorial? It doesn't work (yet?). THANKS!!! - Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Heather! Yes, the link WAS broken, my apologies - to you and anyone else who have tried the bad link. I have fixed it, it should work now. Hope you enjoy folding hearts ❤️...

    ReplyDelete